PLEASE NOTE: For information about how Aveanna Healthcare, LLC and its wholly owned subsidiaries and affiliates may use and disclose medical information about you and your rights under the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (“HIPAA”), please review our HIPAA Notice of Privacy Practices by clicking here: Aveanna’s HIPAA Notice of Privacy Practices.
In accordance with the Federal Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998 (“COPPA”), Aveanna will never knowingly request personal identifying information from anyone under the age of 13 without parental consent. When we do receive information (with parent consent) from users under the age of 13, we will not share their personal identifying information with third parties. In accordance with Chapter 20 of the California Consumer Privacy Act Regulations, Aveanna does not sell Personal Information of anyone, including minors under the age of 16. For more information about the California Consumer Privacy Act and the California Consumer Privacy Act Regulations, visit https://oag.ca.gov/privacy/ccpa (link opens in a new window).
Site Usage Information
We may automatically collect information about the use of our Sites through, for example, cookies or IP addresses (as described below). Aveanna may archive log files and use non-personally identifying information in aggregate form to detect errors with our Sites, identify security issues, and build higher quality, more useful online services by performing statistical analyses of the collective characteristics and behavior of Aveanna users, and measure demographics and interests in connection with specific areas of our Sites.
Information Collection & Use
Aveanna may collect Personal Information from a variety of different sources, including, but not limited to, on our websites, applications or “apps,” services, through email, in physical locations, through the mail, and/or over the telephone.
Aveanna obtains information from the following categories of sources:
- Directly from you. For example, if you apply for a job through our Sites, we may request you fill out a form with information such as your name, address, email address, telephone number, work experience, and other contact information. In some cases, you may have the opportunity to enter any content or information that you choose into our secured forms. Please be advised that you are responsible for such content and the information you enter.
- Indirectly from you. For example, from observing your actions on our Sites.
- Third Parties/Service Providers. For example, recruiters who submit your information to us for an employment position that may interest you and consumer reporting agencies for employment background checks.
Aveanna does not offer a financial incentive or price or service difference related to the collection or retention of Personal Information. Aveanna does not sell Personal Information. Aveanna retains all Personal Information collected in compliance with all applicable federal, state, and local laws and the respective retention periods prescribed therein.
How We Use Personal Information
We may use or disclose the Personal Information we collect from you or about you to do one or more of the following:
- Manage our business operations and administer our client relationships.
- Address compliance, regulatory, and legal obligations.
- Audit internal processes for proper functioning.
- Evaluate and consider individuals for employment and manage on-boarding procedures.
- Fulfill or meet the purpose for which you provided the information. For example, if you share your name and contact information to apply for a job or become an employee, we will use that Personal Information in connection with your employment or potential employment.
- Contact you and to inform you about benefits or information relating to your employment or potential employment.
- Provide, support, personalize, and develop our Sites and services relating to your employment or potential employment.
- Create, maintain, customize, and secure your information or account with us.
- Process your requests or transactions and prevent transactional fraud.
- Provide relevant marketing materials.
- Provide you with support and to respond to your inquiries, including to investigate and address your concerns, and monitor and improve our responses.
- Enhance and maintain the functionality, safety, security, and integrity of our systems, Sites, services, databases and other technology assets, and business.
- Analyze, develop, and improve our business, including processes, Sites and services.
- Respond to law enforcement requests and as required by applicable laws, court orders, or governmental regulations.
- Evaluate or conduct a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Aveanna assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding in which Personal Information held by Aveanna about our Consumers is among the assets transferred.
Your Opt-Out Right
You have the right to opt out of receiving special offers, satisfaction surveys, marketing communications, newsletters, or other promotional communications (“Marketing Communications”) from Aveanna, as described below. You may also withdraw your consent by following the steps described in each such communication or by contacting Aveanna’s Privacy Officer at email@example.com.
Please note that once we receive your request, it may take an additional period of time for such request to become effective.
As indicated above, Aveanna may use the information you provide to send you information and materials that we think may be of interest to you. If you do not wish to receive any further information or material from us, such as emails, SMS/text messages, or newsletters, you have the right to opt out of such disclosure and the further use of such information. All such material will have information as to how to opt out of receiving it.
To opt out from receiving such information or materials, you can follow the instructions provided within the material to opt out, or you may contact us by:
Information Sharing & Disclosures
Aveanna does not sell, lease, rent, trade, or otherwise transfer your Personal Information to third parties. Aveanna may disclose your Personal Information when we believe that a disclosure is appropriate, for example, to comply with the law, to fulfill a business purpose, to enforce our policies, or to protect our or others’ rights, property, or safety.
Disclosures to Third Parties
Aveanna uses third parties (including contractors, vendors, and service providers) to help with certain aspects of our operations and assist us in providing our services, which may require disclosure of your Personal Information to them. For example, Aveanna may use a third party to communicate with you (via telephone, email, mail, or SMS/text messages) about our services, to send information to you, to host the Sites and related databases, and to perform other work that we may choose to outsource. Aveanna requires these third parties to use your Personal Information only as necessary to perform the services they are asked to perform, and these third parties must agree to keep this information confidential.
Non-personally identifiable information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
Disclosures Required to Investigate Complaints or by Law Enforcement
Aveanna may use Personal Information collected or in its possession to contact users in connection with their inappropriate use of our Sites, noncompliance with our terms and conditions set forth herein, or in connection with a complaint filed about the use of our Sites by another user. Aveanna may disclose your Personal Information to another party, such as law enforcement officials, to comply with legal requirements, court orders, government or law enforcement agency requests; to protect or defend Aveanna; or where we perceive an immediate danger of death or serious physical injury to someone as a result of activity on our Sites. These disclosures may occur under circumstances where we may not be authorized to advise you of such action.
Notice For California Residents
This section applies only to “Consumers,” which means a natural person who is a California resident as defined by section 17014 of Title 18 of the California Code of Regulations. The California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”) and the California Privacy Rights Act of 2020 (“CPRA”) grant California residents certain additional privacy rights. CCPA & CPRA do not encompass “protected health information” that is governed by HIPAA or “medical information” that is governed by the California Confidentiality of Medical Information Act. Accordingly, our HIPAA Notice of Privacy Practices generally will govern HIPAA-protected health information. This section, in contrast, will cover Personal Information about California residents who visit our Sites but are not identifiable as patients, and information on California residents that Aveanna collects or receives but is not subject to HIPAA or the California Confidentiality of Medical Information Act. This section applies to information that Aveanna collects from Consumers through Sites, third parties, and information it receives offline, including hard copy information. This policy does not apply to Aveanna job applicants, contractors, employees, owners, directors, or officers, where the Personal Information relates to their current, former, or potential role at Aveanna. California job applicants, contract workers, and employees may review Aveanna’s CCPA Notice for Job Applicants, Contractors, and Employees Residing in California for more information. You can click on the following notices for more information: Aveanna’s California Employee of Record Care Providers and Aveanna’s California Client/Worksite Employers.
Aveanna has not disclosed to third parties or service providers any Personal Information for monetary or other valuable consideration. Aveanna does not sell or share Personal Information or Sensitive Personal Information as defined by CPRA. Aveanna does not use or disclose sensitive personal information for purposes other than those specified in section 7027, subsection (m) of the CPRA Regulations. Any reference to Service Providers has the definition provided in section 1798.140, subsection (ae) of CPRA. Affiliates means (1) Aveanna and its wholly-owned subsidiaries (2) any other entity or organization in which Aveanna or a subsidiary owns a direct or indirect equity interest of greater that 50% and (3) any other healthcare entity in which an Aveanna subsidiary either manages or controls the day-to-day operations of the entity.
Information We Collect
Under CCPA & CPRA, Personal Information means information that identifies, relates to, describes, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer or household. Personal Information does not include de-identified or aggregated consumer information. Aveanna retains all Personal Information collected in compliance with all applicable federal, state, and local laws and the respective retention periods prescribed therein.
Aveanna collects the following categories of Personal Information of California consumers:
|Category of Personal Information and Sensitive Personal Information with Examples of Information That May Be Collected||Business Purpose for Which The Category of Personal Information Is Used||Personal Information Was Collected from The Following Categories of Sources||Personal Information Was Disclosed to The Following Categories of Third Parties|
|A. Identifiers such as a real name, alias, postal address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, Internet Protocol address, email address, account name, Social Security number, driver’s license number, or passport number.||
|B. Characteristics of Protected Classifications under California or Federal Law age, race, national origin, citizenship, religion or creed, marital status, familial status, medical condition, physical or mental disability, sex (including gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy or childbirth and related medical conditions), sexual orientation for same sex benefits, veteran or military status.||
Only as strictly necessary for the purposes identified below:
|C. Internet or Other Similar Network Activity such as browsing history, search history, and information regarding a consumer’s interaction with an internet website, application, or advertisement.||
Through our Sites
Service providers where necessary to perform functions on our behalf
|D. Audio, electronic, visual, thermal, olfactory, or similar information.||
Directly from the individual through our Sites
|E. Professional or Employment-Related Information such as current or past job history, professional references, membership of professional organizations, professional certifications, or licensure information.||
Directly from the individual
Service Providers where necessary to perform functions on our behalf
Other Purposes Potentially Applicable to Any Categories of Personal Information Listed Above
Aveanna may also use your Personal Information to facilitate administrative functions, information technology operations, corporate transactions, and for legal reasons. These functions may include:
- To manage litigation and other legal disputes and inquiries involving Aveanna, and to meet legal, compliance, and regulatory requirements;
- In connection with a corporate transaction, sale, or assignment of assets, merger, divestiture, or other changes of control or financial status of Aveanna or any of its subsidiaries or affiliates; and
- To manage licenses, permits and authorizations applicable to Aveanna’s business operations.
In the preceding twelve (12) months, Aveanna has disclosed the following categories of Personal Information for a business purpose:
- Characteristics of protected classification under California or federal law
- Internet or other similar network activity
- Audio, electronic, visual, thermal, olfactory, or similar information.
- Professional or Employment-related information
Rights Granted Under CCPA
Under the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018, Consumers are granted the following rights:
- Right to Know about Personal Information Collected, Disclosed, or Sold. A Consumer has the right to request that Aveanna disclose what Personal Information it collects, uses, discloses, and sells. Aveanna does not sell Personal Information of any kind. Aveanna is not obligated to provide the information required for such requests more than twice in a 12-month period.
- A Consumer has the right to request to know the following information:
- The categories of Personal Information collected about a Consumer within the preceding 12 months.
- The categories of sources from which the Personal Information is collected.
- The business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling Personal Information. Aveanna uses Personal Information only for business purposes and does not use Personal Information for commercial purposes. Aveanna does not sell Personal Information of any kind.
- The categories of third parties to whom Aveanna shares Personal Information.
- The specific pieces of Personal Information that Aveanna collects about a Consumer.
- The categories of Personal Information that Aveanna has disclosed about a Consumer for a business purpose in the preceding 12 months.
- The categories of Personal Information sold about a Consumer in the preceding 12 months and the categories of third parties to whom the personal information was sold. For each category of Personal Information identified, the categories of third parties to whom the information was disclosed. Aveanna does not sell Personal Information of any kind.
- Aveanna, upon receipt of a verifiable request, will provide the requestor the components of information that it holds about the individual requested. For such requests, Aveanna will never provide the requestor the following information: a Consumer’s Social Security number, driver’s license number or other government-issued identification number, financial account number, any health insurance or medical identification number, an account password, security questions and answers, or unique biometric data generated from measurements or technical analysis of human characteristics.
- A Consumer has the right to request to know the following information:
Right to Request Deletion of Personal Information. A Consumer has the right to request the deletion of any of their Personal Information collected by Aveanna.
- Aveanna, upon receipt of a verifiable request, will delete the information it holds about the individual, unless doing so would conflict with federal, state, or local law or an exception under the CCPA applies.
Right to Opt Out of the Sale of Personal Information. A Consumer has the right to opt out of the sale of their Personal Information by a business. Aveanna does not sell or share Personal Information of any kind as defined by CPRA.
- A Consumer may request that Aveanna not sell information about the Consumer.
- Right to Correct Inaccurate Personal Information.
- Right to Limit the Use and Disclosure of Sensitive Personal Information. Aveanna already limits the use of the Consumer’s Sensitive Personal Information to that use which is necessary to perform the services reasonably expected by an average Consumer who requests such services.
Right to Non-Discrimination for the Exercise of a Consumer’s Privacy Rights. A Consumer has the right to not receive discriminatory treatment for exercising their privacy rights under the CCPA & CPRA. Aveanna may not discriminate against a Consumer for exercising any of their rights under CCPA & CPRA in any way including, but not limited to:
- Denying goods or services to a Consumer.
- Charging different prices or rates for goods or services, including through the use of discounts or other benefits or imposing penalties.
- Providing a different level or quality of goods or services to a Consumer.
- Suggesting that a Consumer will receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services.
How Consumers Can Exercise CCPA and CPRA Rights
Consumers wanting to exercise their rights must submit a verifiable Consumer request. To submit a verifiable Consumer request, you can:
- Send a written request to Privacy Officer, Aveanna Healthcare, 400 Interstate North Parkway SE, Suite 1600, Atlanta, Georgia 30339
- Send an electronic request: Consumer Privacy Request
- Submit a verbal request by calling 1-800-408-4442
Before completing a request, Aveanna must verify that the person making the request is the Consumer about whom Aveanna has Personal Information. Consumers may use an Authorized Agent to submit a verifiable request on the Consumer’s behalf if the Consumer provides the Authorized Agent written permission signed by the Consumer. Aveanna can deny a request from an individual or entity claiming to be an authorized agent that does not provide proof that they have been authorized by the Consumer to act on the Consumer’s behalf. An Authorized Agent is a natural person, or a business entity registered with the Secretary of State to conduct business in California that a Consumer has authorized to act on their behalf subject to the requirements set forth in section 999.2326 of the California Consumer Privacy Act Regulations.
Upon receiving a request to exercise rights under CCPA/CPRA, Aveanna will confirm receipt of the request within 10 business days. Aveanna will respond to requests within 45 calendar days of receipt of a request. If necessary, Aveanna may take up to an additional 45 days to respond to a request, for a maximum total of 90 calendar days from the day the request is received. If Aveanna needs additional time to respond to a request, we will provide the requestor notice and explain why the additional time is needed. Aveanna may request a Consumer to provide additional information for verification purposes. If Aveanna cannot verify a requestor’s identity, we may deny your request. Aveanna will provide notice to the requestor if we cannot verify the requestor’s identity and comply with the request.
Household requests – Aveanna currently does not collect household data. If any members of a household initiate a request, we will respond as if the request is an individual request.
Other California Privacy Rights
California’s “Shine the Light” law (Civil Code Section § 1798.83) permits users of our Sites who are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of Personal Information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. We do not disclose your Personal Information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes.
Comments or Questions
Last Updated: 8/11/2023