Many individuals may have trouble when it comes to getting dressed on their own. Tying shoes, fastening buttons or snaps, and using zippers are some of the activities that can be difficult. Fortunately, there are adaptive clothing items which can help adults with daily tasks such as getting dressed and undressed. Adaptive clothing is specially designed apparel to help those who have trouble getting dressed. Adaptive garments are usually designed with flat seams to reduce friction, and alterations help make the clothing appear as fashionable as possible.
People who can benefit from wearing adaptive clothing include:
- Adults with certain conditions such as brain injury, stroke, incontinence, and arthritis.
- Children with cerebral palsy, muscular dystrophy, spinal cord injury, and other health conditions.
- Seniors with Parkinson’s disease, Alzheimer’s disease, and other conditions.
- People who need a wheelchair to get around.
Several companies offer fashionable adaptive clothing options. These organizations include:
- Zappos: www.Zappos.com
- Tommy Hilfiger: www.TommyHilfiger.com
- MagnaReady: https://magnaready.com
- Able2Wear: https://www.able2wear.co.uk
- Clothes for Seniors: https://www.clothesforseniors.com
To learn more about adaptive clothing, click here: https://www.buckandbuck.com/shop-by-need/adaptive-clothing.html?fbclid=IwAR1_EFVyOOp38Od8RuMjM9rmEqhwpwlosltc-FyUdRV-cKjHRqIvU3e9Ak4